A tribute to Kids in the Hall, America’s Got Talent fan favorite Puddles Pity Party and Busy Philipps have been announced as additions to the 2019 SF Sketchfest lineup.
Other performers and events announced Wednesday include Crashing Live with Pete Holmes, Judd Apatow and Madeline Wise, a conversation about the HBO show; an evening with Aurora Browne, Meredith MacNeill and Jennifer Whalen (members of series Baroness von Sketch Show); and a podcast taping with actor-comedian Ron Funches.
The 18th annual comedy and arts festival runs Jan. 10 to 27, featuring more than 200 performances and podcast recordings at venues throughout San Francisco.
- Four Kids, One Dumb Night: SF Sketchfest celebrates the 35th Anniversary of The Kids in the Hall and the release of author Paul Myers’ new biography, “Kids in the Hall: One Dumb Guy”. Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Mark McKinney and Scott Thompson join Paul Myers for a conversation about the group’s beginnings, followed by a screening of their cult classic film “Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy”.
- Puddles Pity Party: The ‘Sad Clown with the Golden Voice’ brings heartfelt anthems and a suitcase full of Kleenex for a show peppered with a brilliant sense of the absurd, mixing lots of humor with the awkward, tender moments.
- “Crashing” Live with Pete Holmes, Judd Apatow and Madeline Wise: an in-depth and hilarious conversation plus a few surprises with the team behind HBO’s hit show “Crashing”.
- An Evening with Baroness Von Sketch: Spend an evening with Aurora Browne, Meredith MacNeill and Jennifer Whalen, members of the award-winning CBC/IFC series “Baroness von Sketch Show” for an inside look at the weird and wonderful world created by this all-female comedy powerhouse.
- Gettin’ Better with Ron Funches: Live podcast taping with actor/comedian/writer Ron Funches
- Brunches with Funches: Giggles & Nibbles: Join Ron Funches and his friends (including Hari Kondabolu) as they perform comedy while you nibble on assorted brunch delectables.
- Busy Tonight: Join host Busy Philipps and her special guests for this very special SF Sketchfest live adaptation of her hit E! talk show “Busy Tonight”.
- Rhea Butcher: Headlining stand-up from the comedian and “Take My Wife” co-creator & co-star.
- James Adomian: Comedian and actor known for his standup, characters and impressions takes the stage for a headlining show.
- Jordan, Jesse, Go!: Live taping of the freewheeling comedy podcast about life in your twenties and everything else with hosts Jesse Thorn and Jordan Morris.
- Best of Edinburgh International Spotlight: Gina Yashere, with Karinda Dobbins
- Jak Night & Zack Fox: Cancelled Comedy Tour: Stand up, music and interviews, everything is on the table for this variety show hosted by Jak Night and Zack Fox.
- SF Sketchfest Threesome: Jackie Kashian, Andy Kindler & Kevin Pollak
- Kevin McDonald Improv and Sketch Workshop: Kevin McDonald of Kids in the Hall brings his sold out workshop back to SF Sketchfest for a 5th year.
- Impro Theatre: Twilight Zone UnScripted with Edi Patterson and more
- The Crossword Show with Zach Sherwin
- THUNDERBULGE: LA’s Most Electrifying Comedy Male Revue
- Greetings, From Queer Mountain with Michael Foulk and more
- Thinkers + Drinkers with Robert Strong
- Tilda Swinton Answers an Ad on Craigslist with Tom Lenk (Second show)
Previously announced performers at SF Sketchfest 2019 include Carol Burnett, Margaret Cho, W. Kamau Bell, Julie Klausner, Bruce Campbell, Bill Plympton and tributes to Best In Show and Superstore.
Tickets to each event can be purchased at the festival’s website.