Tributes to “Saturday Night Live” actress Molly Shannon and stand-up comedian Phoebe Robinson, and a second performance of “Freestyle Love Supreme,” from co-creator Lin Manuel Miranda have been added to the 2020 SF Sketchfest lineup.
Other additional performers and events added to the lineup include actor-comedian Jermaine Fowler (HBO’s “Crashing,” films “Sorry to Bother You” and “Coming to America 2”), The Self-Helpless Podcast and a night of standup with Bobcat Goldthwait and Mary Lynn Rajskub.
The 19th annual comedy and arts festival runs Jan. 9 to 26, featuring more than 250 performances and podcast recordings at venues throughout San Francisco.
- SF Sketchfest Tribute to beloved actress Molly Shannon, in conversation with Bruce McCulloch followed by a 20th Anniversary Screening of “Superstar.”
- SF Sketchfest Tribute to multi-talented stand-up comedian, “2 Dope Queens” co-host/co-star, New York Times best-selling writer, and actress Phoebe Robinson, in conversation.
- “Freestyle Love Supreme:” Bay Area premiere of the hit Broadway improvised hip-hop phenomenon created by Thomas Kail, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Anthony Veneziale; second show added by popular demand.
- Jermaine Fowler: Headlining stand-up from comedian, writer and actor in HBO’s “Crashing” and the films “Sorry To Bother You” and upcoming “Coming To America 2.”
- Joel Kim Booster’s Joy F*ck Club with guest Nori Reed and more.
- Self Helpless Podcast: Live taping with Taylor Tomlinson, Delanie Fischer and Kelsey Cook, who bring their areas of expertise to the conversation diving into all things self-improvement.
- Bobcat Goldthwait & Mary Lynn Rajskub co-headline A Night of Stand-Up, Hosted by Emily Catalano.
Previously announced performers, speakers and honorees at SF Sketchfest 2020 include Tony Shalhoub, The Monkees, Macaulay Culkin, Crispin Hellion Glover, Sandra Bernhard, George Wallace and Eugene Mirman, and screenings of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,”“Airplane!” and “Clue.”
Tickets to each event can be purchased at the festival’s website.